Thursday, November 23, 2006

Lame Placeholder-style first post!

Now that I've started commenting in other blogs, I feel like I really should post something, if only to avoid looking like a troll who just posts from a blank, empty blog.
If you recognize the character I've named my blog after, then the era in which I first started reading comics should be obvious. If not, put your latter-day Claremont collections aside, and at least pick up a copy of Essential Defenders, Vol. 2.
(Is it true it cuts off just before the climactic annual? That is just messed up!)
Somehow, I got myself into commiting to covering the "Nebulon/Headmen/Bozos" arc for PLOK's "Seven Soldiers of Steve" challenge, which I will get to Real Soon Now...
(In which, among other things, I will bore you with the contention that my love for Grant Morrison's work years later can be traced directly back to this storyline...)
I started off reading comics at around 7 or 8 years old in the early 70s, for which PLOK is more or less to blame...
(Hey! Maybe I can blame him for being a Marvel Zombie for so long too! That'd be sweet! Heh-heh...)
I was the one other kid in the neighborhood that he managed to get addicted to the damned things, and somehow, over 30 years later, we're still talking about them. It's kind of embarassing that he's managed to get so far ahead of me in terms of posting, seeing as I've had net access for a few years longer than him, so, now, I feel I've got to start posting properly.
So, watch this space for more...
Real Soon Now...

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, now I'm not the bigger geek for being the only one making blog posts!

This will be convenient, if for nothing else than you being able to just post interesting links right there on the screen for me to see...instead of me having to remember them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home